Frequently Asked Questions
Our state lottery rules are complex with lots of options and we have complex policies of our own, will your software use all of our rules?
- Sibling preference, military preference, twins, staff and board member priorities, applications running as a family or one child at a time, sibling wait-list management; they are all "built-in" and we understand them all.
- Additional lottery preferences can be configured.
- If there is ever an instance that requires customization's, just tell us what they are; we will listen and verify that we got them right, and then incorporate into the software - at no extra charge.
Do you support weighted lotteries?
- Yes. Weighted lotteries is a standard feature within the system
How do we manage the post lottery wait-list?
- You don't have to, it's what the system does for you automatically, however you can fully manage the waitlist and make fully audit-able necessary changes as needs arise.
- It's our goal that post lottery you can focus on other things while continuous enrollment runs unattended.
Can we use the system if we don't have a need for a lottery?
- In every charter school instance enrollment has to exceed the number of seats available in order to have a lottery.
- In the instances where the applicants for a grade(s) do not exceed the number of seats available you are still inviting every student who applied to attend the school and all of the same post lottery system functions continue to operate to work towards a full enrollment, except there is no lottery and no waitlist.
Is there any software to install?
- The solution is cloud based Software-as-a-Service.
- All you need is internet access and a browser.
- No hardware or application software is needed.
Do you up-charge for new features?
- We regularly add and distribute new features at no cost.
- Our customers will never see a surprise or hidden charge for new features.
Can we customize the online enrollment forms?
- Yes, and if there is anything that is not customizable through the software, we will make the modifications for you.
Can we test our lottery before running?
- Of course.
- Testing is built-in.
- We recommend that you test as often as you can.
- There is no limit to the number of tests you can run.
How do we get help if we need support?
- The support model is simple and it's included at no extra cost.
- You submit a support request through email or our trouble ticket system and our support staff (on Eastern Time Zone during normal business hours) will respond within 24 hours, but typically much sooner and generally right-away.
- If we need to ask a question or if a phone conversation is better suited we will pick up the phone and call you.
Can we outsource the lottery management to your company?
- This follows a well-known and trusted model for external auditors.
- In these cases we work very closely with your school leadership and we 'push the buttons' that run the lottery.
- The lion share of the system runs automatically so nearly everything is the same, except you have the added advantage of an independent, objective assurance function and a safety net for compliance with rules and regulations.
After the lottery our parents have to complete our full student registration, does your software also do this?
- Your full student registration packet can be completed online, including uploading of documents such as proof of residency, birth certificates, immunization records, IEP, 504.
We are a private school and do not hold a lottery can we use your system for managing our student enrollment?
- The system is geared for running random lotteries as well as managing student enrollment for schools with no need for lottery management.
- There is an entire eco-system for enrollment and the random lottery is just one part.
Do you integrate with our SIS system?
- If the SIS systems provides access to their API and documentation, we will develop and support the integration between both systems.
- However, if there is a cost for 3rd party vendors to use their API, it will more than likely be cost prohibitive for either us or the school.
- In this instance, where a one way integration is of value, we will ensure that a file based interface, typically a well formatted spreadsheet or csv file is intelligently (i.e. we wont send the exact same record twice) produced from our system that can be easily imported through the native SIS functions into the SIS system with full data integrity.
- This will allow you to automate the data entry of new student information and create new student records within the SIS system automatically.
Does your solution require to be embedded into our school website?
- We provide a link to a site that is branded to your school, that you place on your website. It will contain your content, photos and even videos.
- We do not use your school's website to advertise other school's or our company.
Where is all of our information stored?
Can we use your platform for collecting payments?
- Payment integration is available at no additional cost or markups to the merchant processing fees.
Do you have reference customers?
Is there a story behind your company name?
How do we get started?